In Romans 1, the Apostle Paul boldly claims in verses 16-17, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes…for in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘…the righteous will live by faith.’”
- The Gospel, or good news, is that Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for our sins so that we might become the children of God through faith alone in Christ alone. This is explained in 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as “…the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
So Paul is claiming that God conveys salvation through the gospel. This is fundamental to the Bible; man is saved only through the gospel truth. The gospel is not “a” way for salvation but “the” way, as Christ claims in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me….”
So what do men do with this fundamental truth?
Romans 1:18-23 explains, “…men suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them: for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, both His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the likeness of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.”
And how does God respond to man’s suppression?
Romans 1:24 “God gave them over.” He let them freely pursue the desires of their sinful hearts. This is not dissimilar to populations who continue to vote for leaders who defund police and exonerate criminals. They live with the consequences of their free will choices.
So we see a progression; God reveals Himself through His creation. Without excuse, man suppresses that truth and worships everything but God. So God unleashes them to the consequences of their choices.
This release, however, is explained in Romans 1:18 “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness….”
This release, then, is the punishment of an angry God!
- In Romans 1:24, “God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity….”
- In Romans 1:26, “God gave them over to dishonorable passions;
- Finally, in Romans 1:28, “God gave them over to an unfit mind, to do those things which are not proper….”
And that is where we are now; we live in a world with “minds that do not work,” reprobate, unfit minds.
This manifests in the decisions, policies, determinations, goals, and movements we see all around us – they simply don’t make any sense anymore.
- Why were non-vaccinated New Yorkers denied access to restaurants and grocery stores when hordes of Covid positive foreign aliens were transported, at government expense all over America?
- Removing the Bible from public schools for containing inappropriate and pornographic materials.
- Why is gender affirming surgery for 8 year olds is promoted?
- Why is our military worried about pregnancy flight suits when China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan are developing war scenarios?
- Why do we have 58 gender options for Facebook users?
- How is it that man can get pregnant?
- Why should someone get fired for refusing to affirm gender identity?
- Is white supremacy is the biggest terrorist threat in our country?
- Was January 6 is the worst attack on the country since the Civil War?
God’s wrath and judgment are evident in the multitude of unfit minds who are now making the type of decisions rational minds struggle to make sense of.
We are experiencing the wrath of God, and men with unfit minds are now callings the shots.
Do you notice how the government, academia, and media, almost in unison, constantly praise seemingly the wrong parties and events?
The criminal is the real victim. The verbally abused young white couple with their infant child is ignored. The qualified candid is pushed out for equity reasons.
Romans 1:32 continues to explain, “those who practice such things…not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.”
So the depraved mind gang sticks together and provides mutual support for all their bad decisions. How nice.